Sunday, November 1, 2009

Easy Does It Yoga Class


On Friday I had a little daytrip for myself and it all began in Rose Russo's "Easy Does It" yoga class in Newburyport. Rose is a kind and gentle teacher and a Reika master as well. After spending a few minutes with her, you could almost sense that she was a healer. She made me feel welcome from the start. Although the class is called "easy does it", it's not as easy as you think. It's important to remember that your body may not be in the "easy" place today. But, no matter...you start where you are and go from there. We did several standing poses using the wall as an assist. The wall provides a lot of stability and acts like a security blanket if you're feeling shaky. This was a timely experience for me as I've been neglecting my practice of late. Sometimes you just need a little (gentle) push in the right direction and that's just what I found in this class. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment