Thursday, September 3, 2009

Green Tea Yoga Studio

Today I had the pleasure of attending a class in Core Yoga offered by Green Tea Yoga Studio. The studio itself is quite beautiful and clean. There were plenty of mats, blocks, straps, etc. My instructor, Elaine, has been practicing yoga since the 70's and teaching full-time since 1994. I arrived at class somewhat early and had a chance to chat with Elaine for a few minutes before the start. She told me that she focuses on the anatomy to help the students find the wisdom in their own bodies. And, so, in the class, we concentrated on finding our core and using it for support and for strength. Elaine was soft-spoken and gentle; she played soft music throughout the class. She asked permission to make hands-on adjustments and I was particularly grateful for that. I think I've found my "home" base. For further info, please check out: www.greenteayoga.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment