Friday, August 14, 2009

Moving Mountains


Take a look at the picture on the left of a woman in Mountain Pose. The body is in perfect balance and her posture is beautiful. I do this pose frequently and feel the difference it makes in my posture.

The other night I wanted to observe myself doing this pose step by step. So, in front of a mirror, I turned sideways so that I could properly check my alignment. I planted my feet and then firmed up my thighs. At this point, I glanced in the mirror. I then tilted my pelvis and gently brought my shoulders back and down. Wow! These two subtle movements made a huge difference in my alignment. Although I seldom practice in front of a mirror, I recommend checking yourself from time to time. You'll be pleased with the results. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment