Friday, August 19, 2011

A Little Prop Work

Although my yoga classes are geared specifically for the senior set, there's no reason why they can't be fun, too! Today I brought an assortment of ties with me to help with our warm-ups and stretches. We used the ties to begin the warming of our arms and shoulders. Once they were well stretched, we did the cow-face pose. Of course, the image of the cow-face brought lots of laughter into the class.

Using the ties for props enabled the class to go just a little bit further in the poses but I could tell that, for some, this was a bit of a challenge. So, once we put the ties away, I suggested "partner" massage. The timing seemed to be just right and it was obvious from the murmured sounds of oohs and aahs, that this was indeed welcome. Loved the feedback!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment