Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ashtanga Yoga Flow Class

Studion 191 is a very spacious, clean beautiful studio. The music is soft and low. The room is hot!!!! Ceiling fans were on but the room is heated for this particular style of yoga. The instructor, Bill, is very knowledgeable and gave assists where needed.

How did I come to this class, you ask? Well, my son, Brendan and I have taken some yoga classes together and he invited me to this one - along with my daughter, Katie. I believe I was the oldest person in the room!!!!! That being said, I was pretty much able to keep up with the flow but found it really challenging. Because the room is heated, and you are moving quickly, you will sweat. Although I had a towel, I found my hands and my feet slipping so I needed to be really careful.

Yes, this was challenge for me but sometimes you really need to give yourself a little push. I wasn't doing a headstand - Brendan was - but I was pretty darn close. And I can think of no better way to spend a Saturday than with my 2 wonderful kids. We were in the moment - together.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you posting again! I agree - no better way to spend a Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete