Friday, October 21, 2011

What I love about October

I follow several "yoga" blogs and get lots of yogic inspiration and ideas there. I'm borrowing a topic from Nadine today. She prepares a list of her favorite things called the "love" list. I'll give you my love list for October - and then you'll want to check out Nadine's list - and her lovely blog: http://nadinesyoga.blogspot.com/.

We recently moved from a house to a condo, so much of what I love about October is unique to this year. For the most part, though, the fall is such a beautiful season...what's not to love?


  1. My birthday

  2. Celebrating with a family dinner

  3. Crisp, bright blue weather

  4. Continuing to "down size" and declutter

  5. Fixing up the new condo

  6. The variety of apples that are available

  7. The smell of zucchini bread baking in the oven

  8. The season's first pot roast in the crock pot

  9. Butternut squash with cinnamon

  10. Wearing sweaters

  11. My wedding anniversary - still going strong after 42 years!

  12. Celebrating my daughter's birthday

  13. Baking birthday cakes

  14. Leaves starting to change colors

  15. Discovering dried plums (prunes) are good for your bones

  16. Ordering books online (Chair Yoga: Seated Exercises for Health & Well Being and on my Kindle, Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah)

  17. Walks along the boardwalk

  18. Watching the sunrise each morning and noticing the different colors

  19. Checking out new restaurants and stores where I now live

  20. Meeting new friends and neighbors

1 comment: