Friday, January 29, 2010

"If you build it, they will come"

Here's a photo of the entrance to the condo complex called "The Pars" where we're renting a unit for January and February. It really is that beautiful - maybe even more so. Anyway, we arrived here on January 2 and it's felt like "home" ever since. We were welcomed from day one by so many friendly people! And, there are lots of activities ~ bocce, exercise, book club, line dancing, parties, dinners, etc. I noticed something missing, though, and that was YOGA!!!!! So, I found out the name of the woman in charge and promptly called her to offer my services. She agreed to introduce me at the next exercise group and see if there would be any interest in yoga classes. Any interest????? Wow!!!! People were excited about this and the first class that I taught had over 30 people in attendance. I guess they like it because it's been packed ever since. It kind of reminds me of the famous saying in that movie, Field of Dreams: "If you build it, they will come."

No comments:

Post a Comment