Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Salute the Sun - and put on sunscreen

I love being able to walk the boardwalk along the beach.  There's a spot near Red Rock Park where I can take a little break and do a few sun salutes before continuing on.  It's here that I can observe the ocean, watch the waves gently roll in and out.  I love the warmth of the sun - the energy that it represents.

Things have changed for me, though.  I have recently had surgery for skin cancer.  This means taking more precautions when spending time outdoors.  It's ironic that I just moved to the beach where I could simply skip outside and go for a walk and do some yoga.  Not so anymore!  I must now lather myself in sunscreen - and wear a wide-brimmed hat.  I'm not complaining, though.  It could have been so much worse.  And, thankfully, I can still get the benefits of spending time in the sunshine.  But, I need to be more mindful about my surroundings.  I really don't like to be "preachy" but please, take heed.  The sun is powerful - as we know.  Respect it - honor it - but do the same and respect and honor yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment